To some, January can be one of those tortuous months, dark mornings and evenings, cold, wet, windy, that feeling of lack of direction after steaming headlong into Christmas from November, then to cap it off, the tax bill is due for thousands at the end of the month!
Don't worry though, the shoots of spring will soon be upon, a sense of optimism, of purpose, brighter days, warmth.
There are other ways we can help ourselves in the meantime - the simple one, of just laughing - in which ever way you feel is right.
Here are 10 benefits of laughing, and I think that number 9 is a key one for all those waiting for sping to arrive ...
1. Laughter Cures IllnessFaster
2. Laughter Makes You Look Younger
3. Laughter Boosts Your Immune System
4. Laughter Lowers Four Hormones that Cause Stress
5. Laughter Protects the Heart
6. Laughter Helps Regulate Blood Sugar Levels
7. Anticipating a Laugh Can Lower Our Stress Response
8. Laughing Makes You Smarter
9. Laughter Makes the Not So Funny Better
10. Laughter Brings People Together
The science and evidence behind all these 10 is outlined in the attached article, and if you do nothing else this week, find something to laugh and smile about, it brings so many benefits.
there’s nothing like a fit of laughter to make this crazy world better – but there’s more. Your body, mind, and heart will benefit from that giggle-fit, too. Here are ten reasons to laugh however you may