Quite simply - he is optimistic.
There is however a little more than just being optimistic which has made Warren Buffet one of the wealthiest and most successful people there is.
There are five different approaches to optimism which work for him, and will work for you...
1. Optimism can create success - when combined with hard work and dedicated study.
2. Optimism shouldn't be passive - it is a conviction , recognising truth and working on it
3. Optimism will make you experience the world differently - you will start to notice what matters most (also known as the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon).
4. Optimism helps you see the big picture - by doing this, the focus will be on the longer term, not micro-short terms (this helps a lot during volatile investment markets)
5. Optimism draws people to you - people want to be happy, and so are drawn to optimists. Being honest, would you rather spend time with someone looking at the positive or the negative?
Optimism gives us an over-riding sense of well being, of looking at the bigger picture, and looking at things in a positive manner. Add to that, there is a chance that more people may gravitate towards you.
Try being optimistic and see what happens...
here's one other quality Buffett has that the rest of us mostly don't. It's one of the biggest reasons for his success: He's relentlessly optimistic.