The summer holidays are fast approaching, and whether you are heading to Scotland or the Caribbean, mosquitos and midges can take the fun out of those late balmy evenings.
Rather than blow half of your holiday budget on fancy lotions, potions and electric shock remedies for mozzie bites, the good people at Life Advancer have come up with a few natural remedies to save you a few pounds along with stopping you feeling like an 'all you can eat buffet'. Of course, after reading the solutions, you may smell like a buffet, but at least you should be free from those painful bites.
1. Lemon - acts as an anti-inflamatory and anesthetic, reducing the chance of infection.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar - eases inflammation and that troublesome itching.
3. Minced Onion or Garlic - another way of easing swelling and itching, it also repels other mosquitos (and vampires).
4. Aloe Vera - another natural antiseptic agent, helping with pain, swelling and itching.
5. Ice Cubes - reduces the hot inflamation and itching.
6. Peppermint Toothpaste - the menthol in it stops the itching (and smells better than the garlic and onion).
In the same way that we don't want you to be distracted by those little money niggles nipping away at your mind whilst you are on holiday, neither do we want your hard earned break spoilt by those pesky mosquitos nibbling away at you.
Sometimes, it is the small things which play on our minds and continually escalate until they take over. We care about your happiness, and if it is taking away pain, worry, or even insect bites, if it brings you closer to a great experience, that is what matters most.
Try the natural home remedies for mosquito bites and reduce the effect of those nasty bites before they blow out of proportion.